British BioMedicine Institute helps you in Gaining skills to provide emergency and non-urgent medical care in a range of situations. Develop skills to assess, stabilize,
Develop A Strong Grounding In Medical Lab Technology Skills with British BioMedicine Institute
Diploma Medical Lab Technology or Diploma of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (sometimes abbreviated as DMLT) is a graduate Medical Lab Technologist program.
- Laboratory Technicians and technicians play a crucial role in the healthcare system, by diagnosing and treating diseases.
- DMLT is one of the emerging courses and is being preferred by many recruiters in India and abroad.
- With the rise of diseases and the onset of COVID-19, students who have completed courses like DMLT have multiple opportunities in the medical industry (both private and government sectors).
- Students who find it difficult to compete in medical courses like MBBS or BHMS, can do DMLT and pursue their career in the medical field.
The candidates applying for the course should fulfill specific eligibility criteria:
- Applicant should have completed 12th class from a recognized board
- Applicant should be from a science background
- At least 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology (science subjects) are required
- 45% marks are required for applicants from SC/ST categories
Get a new experience of your Medical Lab Technology at British BioMedicine Institute as you learn and connect with people from all over the world.
Advantages of DMLT Course
Medical Laboratory Technologists frequently work with full dedication in the background. Their work is as vital as that of other medical experts.
- Many illnesses rely heavily on test data for diagnosis and therapy.
- In the discipline of paramedical science, aspirants who pursue this job have several benefits.
- Molecular diagnostics, molecular biotechnology firms, pathology laboratories, and research labs all provide fantastic opportunities for aspirants.
- In this sector, good pay packages are available.
- Aspirants who want to pursue DMLT have a lot of options.
- Candidates who pass the course can assist doctors in taking samples, analyzing samples, and other tasks under proper supervision.
How is M.Sc. Medical Lab Technology Course Beneficial?
- In the clinical areas, they must do drug testing, therapeutic drug monitoring and biogenetics.
- They can also work as a Laboratory Manager/Consultant/supervisor, health care Administrator, Hospital Outreach coordination, laboratory information system Analyst/Consultant, educational consultant/coordinator/director, health and safety officer etc.
- They can have been assigned to a specialized area of work in a large medical lab. In small labs, they may perform a variety of tests or all areas of lab work.
B.Sc. Medical Lab Technology Employment Areas
- Colleges & Universities
- Commercial Clinical Laboratories
- Nursing Homes
- Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Public Health Facilities
M.Sc. Medical Lab Technology Job Types
- Analytical Chemistry Associate/Scientist
- Blood Bank Technician
- Blood Transfusion Assistant
- Drug Safety Associate
- Lab Assistant
- Lab Technician Trainee
- Lab Technician/Medical Technician
- Medical Lab In-charge
- Medical Officer
- Medical Technologist
- Research & Development Manager (Laboratory)
- Technical Officer
With adequate knowledge and experience, Medical Laboratory Technologists can advance to supervisory or management positions in laboratories and hospitals. These Laboratory Technologists can also run private pathology laboratories. Teaching in medical colleges and institutions is also a very good option for them.
Scheme of Examination for M.Sc. (Medical Lab Technology)
MMLT program syllabus is divided into 4 semesters, teaching subjects like Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, Diagnostic Cytology etc. Given below is a semester-wise syllabus of the program which can vary for some universities.
Endocrinology, Metabolic and Nutritional Biochemistry
Lab Management and Techniques
Advanced Hematology and Immuno-Hematology
Analytical and Physical Biochemistry
Immunology and Molecular Biology
Blood Banking and Immunopathology
Systematic Bacteriology and Diagnostic Microbiology
Systematic Bacteriology and Diagnostic Microbiology (P)
Histopathology and Cytopathology
Biostatics and Epidemiology
Clinical Pathology and Cytogenetics
Medical Parasitology, Mycology and Virology
The goals of the MMLT program at British BioMedicine Institute is to provide the students with:
- The necessary training and education in the theories and practices of laboratory medicine;
- Instruction in the clinical significance of laboratory procedures in the diagnosis and treatment of patients;
- The skills necessary for problem solving, maintenance and troubleshooting while performing manual testing as well as using state of the art instrumentation;
- The exposure to journals, staff conferences, meetings and seminars to instill in the student the realization that the continual acquisition of knowledge is essential for professional development;
- The understanding of the principles and practices of quality assurance, research and educational methods, as well as personnel and business management in a clinical laboratory setting;
- A curriculum and clinical experience in which the students can develop and mature in their professional judgments and communications with the health care team and others;
- Examples of professionalism, leadership and integrity while instructing the students on issues regarding patient rights, patient privacy and compliance with all regulatory agencies;
- The preparation required to graduate, qualify and pass the examination for certification and licensure, along with developing the characteristics necessary to produce certified and licensed healthcare professionals who possesses an understanding and respect for all individuals in society;
- Continuous systematic evaluation and necessary modifications, of all program processes, to ensure the effectiveness of the program.
Attend Class In- Person, Virtually, Or A Blend Of Both.
Bachelor of Vocational Courses or B.VoC in ParaMedical Subjects, Degree, Admissions and their Scope.
Bachelor of Vocational Education or B.Voc In Paramedical and Health Care is a 3-year degree course in which the students get the knowledge about the
Pharmacoepidemiology is being used increasingly to evaluate health care systems, interventions, and health-related behaviors. Pharmacoepidemiology is the scientific backbone of therapeutic risk management—the process of
Postmarketing surveillance is the monitoring of drug performance in clinical practice and the taking of appropriate action to improve patient safety. The action taken can
The role of pharmacovigilance is to determine which adverse events cross the line of a drug’s efficacy. In other words, analysing which side effects are
Program Graduate Competencies:
The Student of MMLT will have basic knowledge and skills for:
- Adherence to standard operating procedures, preparation of instruments for testing and accurate performance of quality control;
- Performing diverse and multilevel functions in the principles, methodologies and performance of laboratory assays exercising skills in problem solving, troubleshooting and evaluation of clinical procedures and laboratory results;
- Development and evaluation of procedures and implementation of new test systems, correlation of test results and ensuring accuracy and validity of laboratory information;
- Statistical application for data evaluation as well as the principles and practices of quality assurance and continuous quality improvement;
- Directing and supervising of clinical laboratory operations along with managing budgets and personnel in the clinical laboratory;
- Demonstrating ethical and moral principles and practices of professional conduct and the communication skills necessary to educate and serve the needs of the patients, the public and the healthcare team;
- Adherence to all safety, government and regulatory agency regulations and standards for clinical laboratories;
- Understanding that continuous acquisition of clinical knowledge is essential for professional development and competence.
Upon successful completion of MMLT Degree requirements, the student will have knowledge to:
- Perform, evaluate, and assure the accuracy and validity of lab test results
- Describe the principles, methodologies, and lab performance of Clinical Chemistry and Microbiology, Immunology, Hematology/Hemostasis, Immunohematology/Transfusions, Urine and Body Fluid Analysis, Molecular Diagnostics and Lab Operations
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to serve patients
- Direct and supervise clinical laboratory resources and operations
- Describe the principles and practices of clinical study design and dissemination of results
- Accurately perform analytical testing on identified patient samples using appropriate reagents, method calibrators, controls, instruments, and diagnostic analyzers.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal cells and results, determine necessary follow up testing, carry out additional testing, as needed.
- Adhere to strict safety and privacy requirements in the academic and professional setting.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills for problem-solving in laboratory and clinical settings.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the classroom and workplace and qualify for potential employment as a technician or technologist in a medical laboratory facility.
THE GOAL ISN’T GRADUATION DAY.
IT’S A BETTER EVERY DAY AFTER..
We draw on our global network to assemble with the skills of task at hand. We Provide A Transformative Educational Experience For Medical Professionals
Merit Based Admission
The general process for admission through merit based admissions are as follows.
- Registration: Registration dates are opened up once a year during April to October. Start the admission process, a profile needs to be created using email id and phone number and other details.
- Fill up details: Login using the personal credentials to create a profile and start filling up the application form. Fill up details of past educational achievements including projects undertaken, job experience and any other academic achievements.
- Scan and upload documents: Scan and upload mark sheets, transfer certificates, id proof, photograph, aadhar card etc. to the application portal. Care and concern must be taken to ensure documents are of correct size and format.
- Application fee: A nominal application fee (Rs 1100/-) is required to be paid to process the application process. Payment can be done using online payment modes like credit and debit card payment, e-wallets, netbanking, NEFT etc.
- Admission: Upon submitting the application form, British BioMedicine Institute will take a couple of weeks to process the application and then release an offer letter of admission to desired top Indian University.